I’ve concluded that my life is not yet complete, and that’s because I don’t have a cool set of wooden blocks. If you ask me, blocks have gotten a bad rap. People assume they’re just a kids toy, but the fact is blocks are a fun way to avoid work and improve your motor skills, which have been rapidly deteriorating ever since you switched from orange juice to bourbon at breakfast. Plus, they’re a unique decoration for the home or office.
Here are my 5 favorite sets of unique, designy blocks:
1. ShapeMaker blocks from Miller Goodman
2. Vintage Scandinavian Style House Blocks from Monki Vintage/Etsy
3. Neutraface Slab Blocks from House Industries
4. XYZ Blocks from Fred
5. Groovie Math and Patterning Blocks from Uncle Goose
I was inspired to write this post after I discovered the ShapeMaker blocks. In all seriousness, I don’t know how I can manage to go on with my life without buying a set of those.
And for good measure, here are some more blocks worth checking out:
• Building Blocks Cordoba from Haba
• Nautical Signal Flag Pattern Blocks from Monki Vintage/Etsy
• Presidential Blocks from Uncle Goose
• Balancing Blocks from Poketo
• Baby’s First Blocks from Little Sapling Toys/Etsy