DIY Minimal Business Cards on the Go

The ever-clever Mikey Burton has come up with a fun idea that I just may try out. He was asked to participate in the “Designer Challenge” for the October issue of Computer Arts Projects and was tasked to put a new spin on traditional business cards. So his idea was to pare down a card to the absolute essentials: name, website and possibly a stylized bear illustration, and print it in a unique way.

mikey_burton_stamp.jpg

What’s really neat about the cards that Burton made was the tool he used: a 3/4″ inspection stamp. Not exactly a paragon of style and modern design, but it works great for this purpose. Plus, it’s self-inking and it’s small enough to carry around in your pocket or on a keyring, so you can turn any scrap of paper into a minimal DIY business card.

mikey_burton_stamp-1.jpg

mikey_burton_stamp-2.jpg

I was really intrigued by this so I did some research and found a few places that will make fairly affordable, custom inspection stamps, in case anyone is inclined to try this out:

1) Fivestar Rubber Stamp

2) Stamp-Connection

3) Des Moines Stamp Manufacturing

(via Mikey Burton)

61 Responses to “DIY Minimal Business Cards on the Go”

1. I like this stamp. Has a unique and classic design.

2. Like that Samples … Looking Cool !!! and Simple as well !!! Facilitating in the form of KeyChane :))

3. oce says:

Love the !dea. Really cool.

4. icv grant says:

thanks for sharing this information i really like it….

5. seo sydney says:

This is because the principles behind SEO is not easy. They are very informative and most webmasters are involved in SEO and using it.

6. PIC GRANT says:

Simply Wow ! I really appreciating your website ,
    Thanks for sharing such an interesting post ! ..

7. Follow SEO tools and software that are outdated and completely useless. Always research before you buy any SEO software as the algorithms of search engines are constantly changing thereby improving their search technologies to provide the most relevant results for their users.

8. may hut mui says:

Thanks for your post

9. ozge says:

These pics are amazing. i will share them on my blog here:http://filmhastasi.wordpress.com/

10. Great idea! I want to do this with “uplifting” sayings on them for clients and really anyone I come in contact with. If they’re stamps they can work anywhere as well. Many thanks for the idea!

Julllian!